Green building has captured the attention of the home building industry and the buying public. Home builders are leading the way in constructing environmentally responsible housing, and the promise of energy savings and healthy living have proven to be strong motivating factors for purchasing a green home.
As more builders construct and market their homes as green, it is advisable to remain aware of potential liability issues. These may include unmet expectations regarding green benefits that can lead to claims of common law misrepresentation or statutory consumer protection act violations, difficulties encountered in obtaining green building certification, sustainability issues and warranty coverage concerns.
- Before You Build Green: A Primer on Avoiding Liability Pitfalls (An kufun publication)
- by Jeffrey D. Masters & John R. Musitano Jr. Reproduced with permission of the Los Angeles County Bar Association
- by Brian D. Anderson. Reproduced with permission of the State Bar of Wisconsin and Brian D. Anderson, Esq.
- Nation’s Building News, Apr. 9, 2007
- Sustainability Also Applies to Business Viability by Frank Musica and Victor O. Schinnerer & Co., Inc. Reproduced with permission of Victor O. Schinnerer & Co., Inc.