For users in the European Union, please refer to our Privacy Notice for European Data Subjects.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
We collect certain information about you that you provide to us directly through the Services. For example, we collect information when you communicate with us via e-mail, contact us using a contact form through one of our Services, join the kufun as a member, register for an account on one of our Services, purchase a subscription, subscribe to notifications or newsletters, post a comment publicly on one of our Services, make a purchase, participate in surveys, register for one of our webinars, training courses or events, register for a professional designation through the kufun Site, register to attend the kufun International Builders’ Show (the “Show”) through IBS, reserve a hotel room through IBS, apply to be an exhibitor through IBS, apply for a job or internship, apply for an award, submit a casting application, or send a request for information.
Personal information you submit through one of the Services may include:
- your name, e-mail address, postal address(es), phone number(s), salutation, username, product and event selections, orders, payment information, employment-related information, education information, photographs, and other information that can be used to identify you individually (whether alone or in combination).
Additional personal information you submit through IBS may include:
- your date of birth, city of birth, passport number, health data, professional designation, spouse’s or partner’s name and spouse’s or partner’s email address, email addresses of individuals you identify to be cc’d on correspondence, social media handle, accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, activity on the tradeshow floor, attendance at tradeshow sessions and events, recent purchases, and membership in other organizations.
Additional personal information you submit through Structure may include:
- photographs and videos.
Some forms on the Services may require that you submit additional or different details about yourself or your business. You may choose not to provide personal information in those cases, but this may prevent you from being able to use those features. You may choose to voluntarily submit certain other information to us through the Services, including personal information, but you are solely responsible for your own personal information in instances where we have not collected such information or requested that you submit such information to us.
Information Collected Automatically
We and our service providers may also automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use one of the Services (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include your IP address, device identifier, browser type, operating system characteristics, information about your use of the Service, geographic location, and data regarding network-connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device). Usage Information helps us learn about a user’s visits to our Services by visualizing the number and duration of visits, pages viewed, site navigation, and other statistics. We use this knowledge to enhance and customize user experience and to monitor and improve performance of the Services. We may use IP addresses to help diagnose problems and for general statistical website reporting, and may link IP addresses as part of your registration for the Show.
The methods that may be used to collect Usage Information on the Services include:
- Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Services, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data. Log information may be stored in log files.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, device recognition technologies, in-app tracking, and other tracking technologies (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about your interactions with the Services or e-mails, including information to understand users’ browsing and buying activities, and to optimize our advertising campaigns on the Services. Brief descriptions of common Tracking Technologies are provided below.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Services and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies remain longer and help in understanding how you use the Services, and enhance your user experience. Cookies may remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. If you use your browser’s method of blocking or removing cookies, some but not all types of cookies may be deleted and/or blocked and as a result, some features and functionalities of the Services may not work. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file, which may be placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your device. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. Flash cookies and HTML5 cookies are locally stored on your device and browser settings will not control them. To identify certain types of local shared objects on your device and adjust your settings, please . The Services may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your device(s).
View Our Cookie Notice
- Web Beacons
Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “internet tags,” “clear gifs,” or “tracking pixels,” which are embedded in web pages. We may use web beacons to determine if a user has visited a particular website, or to collect similar information that helps us customize our advertising.
- Embedded Scripts
An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Services. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server, or from a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Services, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Device Recognition Technologies
Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, as well as linking a common unique identifier to different device use (e.g., Facebook ID), which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user or household).
- In-App Tracking Methods
There are a variety of Tracking Technologies that may be included in mobile applications, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifiers, or other identifiers such as “Ad IDs,” to associate app user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps and/or devices.
Some information about your use of the Services and certain third-party services may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services, and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Services and certain third-party services.
By continuing to use the Services, you are agreeing to the placement of Tracking Technologies by us or by our partners for purposes of analyzing your use of the Services.
Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed using tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances may be blocked in the future by configuring certain browser settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately. Also, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies (also known as locally shared objects), HTML5 cookies, or other Tracking Technologies. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some aspects of the Services’ functionality may be limited.
Your browser settings may also allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites. Like many websites, these Services are not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, please visit .
Information We Collect from Other Sources
Use of Information for Advertising and Analytics
We may use the personal information we collect to serve advertisements on the Services and/or Third-Party Services. Some of these ads may be tailored to your interest based on your browsing of the Services and elsewhere on the Internet (sometimes referred to as “interest-based advertising” and “online behavioral advertising”), which may include sending you an ad on a Third-Party Service after you have left the Services (i.e., “re-targeting”).
You may opt out of Google Analytics via your Ads Settings, Ads Settings for mobile apps, or via the opt-out .
Please be aware that even if you are able to opt-out of certain kinds of targeted advertising, you will continue to receive non-targeted ads. We are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third parties or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
In general, we use your Personal Information to:
- Allow you to participate in the features we offer on the Services;
- Facilitate, manage, personalize, and improve your experience on the Services;
- Process your kufun membership, account registrations, and registrations for webinars, training courses, professional designations and other events;
- Process your registration for the Show, reserve and confirm your hotel accommodations for the Show, and provide for accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Enhance your experience at the Show, including sending you notifications and communicating with you about the Show and sending you advertisements and offers from exhibitors at the Show;
- Process your purchases of products, subscriptions, and services;
- Tailor our content, advertisements, and offers;
- Transact with you, respond to your emails, questions and requests, send informational notices, serve you content, and contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information;
- Process your job applications and make employment decisions;
- Conduct research and analysis, including surveys;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm; and
- Send you advertisements and communicate with you regarding our and third-party products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events we think you may be interested in.
Your Personal Information and Usage Information may be disclosed to our third-party service providers, including agents, vendors, and marketers. For example, we may use Usage Information to determine how to optimize customer service. Third-party service providers are not permitted to use personal information except insofar as necessary to provide the relevant services to us, although we may permit them to use aggregate information for other purposes.
In connection with the Show, your Personal Information and Usage Information may be disclosed to our Show sponsors and third-party service providers, including vendors. For example, we may share personal information of Show registrants and exhibitors with vendors to reserve and confirm hotel accommodations or disability accommodations or for purposes of set-up of the show floor and operation of the Show. We may also share personal information of registrants with sponsors, vendors, and exhibitors at the Show for sending advertisements and communicating their products, services, and promotions.
We may disclose your personal information and Usage Information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary and/or appropriate in the following circumstances:
- To comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or court orders served on us;
- To respond to requests by government agencies, including law enforcement authorities;
- In connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is or may be illegal or may expose us or service or content providers we work with, or you to possible legal liability;
- To protect the rights, property, life, health, security, or safety of kufun, the Services or our users, or any third party; and
- Between certain of our Services for internal business purposes and marketing.
We display personal testimonials on our Services in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with you name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The Services may contain links to Third-Party Services, including links to state and local homebuilders associations; these links are provided for your convenience and information. If you choose to use any of these links, you will be leaving the Services. These Third-Party Services may use their own cookies, web beacons and other Tracking Technology to independently collect information about you and may solicit personal information from you.
Information You Publicly Disclose
Social Features and Accounts
Certain functionalities on the Services permit interactions that you initiate between the Services and Third-Party Services, such as social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include features enabling you to send content such as contacts, photos, and videos between one of the Services and a Third-Party Service; “liking” or “sharing” our content; and features that otherwise connect the Services to a Third-Party Service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from the Service). If you use Social Features, and potentially other Third-Party Services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the Services, or by the Third-Party Service you use. Similarly, if you post information on a Third-Party Service that references the Services (e.g., by using a hash tag associated with kufun or its affiliates in a tweet or status update), your post may be used on or in connection with the Services. Also, both kufun and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Services and the Third-Party Service.
You may also choose to create an account by providing us with certain details, along with a username and password, on the following sites: kufun Site and BuilderBooks. For each of these sites, you may access and review or update your personal profile information within your account.
Option to Unsubscribe
Should you receive a promotional email from us, you may opt out of receiving additional promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of our emails. You may also contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe from a single subscription or from all subscriptions with us. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those relating to your account, product inquiries or event registration.
Option to Deactivate
Should you wish to deactivate your account on any of Services, you should follow the instructions on account page. You may also contact us directly at email@example.com.
Instructions for disabling or removing tracking technologies are included above under “Information We Collect — Information Collected Automatically.”
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
Instructions for opting out of analytics and internet-based advertising are included above under “Information We Collect — Use of Information for Advertising and Analytics.”
We take reasonable measures to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For credit card information, we redirect visitors to a secure server and encrypt this information. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Services.
The Services are not intended for, nor targeted to, children under 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from children under 13. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of 13, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits customers in California to request certain details about how their “personal information” (as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83) is shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Californians may request information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail sent to kufun, 1201 15th Street NW, Washington, DC 20005, (Attention: James G. Rizzo). Your inquiry must specify “California Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line of the email or the first line of the letter, and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per California resident each year.
1201 15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005